The Georgia Health Foundation (GHF) requests that a closing report be prepared by the grantee when the grant funds have been spent (typically within one year of receiving the grant). This report will help the directors determine whether its grants are helping to have an impact on the health and well-being of Georgians; to secure evaluations of effectiveness from grantees; and to advance the quality of its and others’ grantmaking by disseminating findings from these evaluations.
The directors appreciate the time required to prepare this report, and it will be presented to the full board on the grantee’s behalf when it is received.
The Closing Report may be submitted by postal service (click here for address).
Evaluation and Closing Report, please include the following information:
- Exact use of GHF grant funds, as well as a summary of other contributed funds used for the same or related purpose.
- Your evaluation of the resulting benefit of GHF funds to your growth and development, to the success of your project, and to your mission and institutional objectives.
- A narrative statement about how the GHF grant and other grants affect the “daily life” of your organization in service to others, i.e., a brief human interest story that relates to your mission and helps one better understand the true nature of your work.
- An update on your organization’s financial and programmatic strengths.
Several or all of the following questions might be answered, where applicable, in order to help the Foundation in the future.
- What were the purposes and goals of the GHF grant?
- Who were the primary people involved? What was the budget and timeframe for the project?
- Was it successful?
- Did you accomplish your goals?
- What were your key accomplishments?
- How was the impact of the program/project measured?
- What was the data source and methodology?
- What were the primary and secondary effects of the project, i.e., beyond the primary goal that you wanted to accomplish, what other benefits occurred as a result of your program/project?
- What factors affected the successes?
- What barriers to success were encountered?
- What, if anything, did not work?
- What might be done to avoid these problems in future activities such as this?