To provide a supportive environment that enables homeless newborns and their families to achieve positive life outcomes for this generation and those to come. Genesis serves families with a baby under six months of age, with priority given to families with newborns.
How the Genesis Shelter benefits the community:
Genesis Shelter offers a wide range of programs and services to babies under six months of age and their families, all within the centrally-located 30,000 sq.ft. facility in downtown Atlanta. These services include:
- A safe, caring place to live for up to six months. This includes 18 private rooms with beds, cribs, chests of drawers, etc. for Genesis families.
- A full-service kitchen serving three full, nutritious meals every day
- A fully-stocked clothes closet for infants, children, and parents
- An on-site licensed Child Care Center
- 24 hour a day staff support and services
- Financial Management including budgeting and Credit Counseling
- Comprehensive life skills
- Individual, group, families, and couple counseling
- Play Therapy
- Comprehensive nutrition, meal prep, kitchen hygiene and budgeting training
- Parenting classes